Written and study assignments are an integral part of the child's total education success. The assignments are designed to reinforce the lessons taught in the classroom. The amount received is relative to the student's individual grade level. Homework policy is established and presented by each teacher at the beginning of the school year.
The After School Program strives to construct an enjoyable atmosphere with varying activities, including
vigorous play, art activities, homework time and indoor games. Children are served a hot meal and drink
at NO extra cost each day.
- If your child is scheduled for the After School Program, at the appropriate time, the classroom
teacher will send him/her to the after school meeting place.
- EVERY child is expected to abide by the rules of the program, respect staff members, other
students and all property.
- Extended care administrators may wish to include field trip experiences in their program. Permission
forms signed by the parent or guardian of record will be required for all field trips.
- The After School staff should have access to all pertinent health information should a special need
arise. No medication will be dispensed. In an emergency situation, parents will be contacted by
- There must be a written notification informing the homeroom teacher/school of any changes in
routine. For legal issues, we cannot rely on a student to carry the message.
- If someone other than the parent or regular caretaker, will be picking up your child, we must have
the name of that person on the designated Registration Form. No child will be released to an
individual not authorized to do so as indicated on the Registration Form.
- If a child is not picked up by 6:00PM, an additional $5.00 fee for each late occurrence will be
charged for each child. Payment is expected when the child is picked up.
- Payment is expected weekly. No child will be allowed to attend if payment is not received for the
previous week. Checks should be made payable to: Harriet Tubman PTO Aftercare. Please note
'before care or aftercare payment' on the check.
- The fee is $45.00 per week. Students who attend on an as needed basis will be charged $12.00 a
- The Registration Fee is $20 for the academic year for before school care or after school care.
Students who attend on an as needed basis will also be charged a Registration Fee of $20.00 for
the academic year.
- For before school care, there is a flat fee of $3.00 regardless of the time of a child's arrival. In the
afternoon, any part of an hour is considered an extra hour and the full $3.00 charge will apply.